Book chapters and book reviews by academic research staff in the Centre for Global Research, formerly the Globalism Research Centre.
- Stephen Alomes, ‘“Got so many bad habits”: Federal politicians, the public, and media’, in C. Elder and K. Moore eds, New Voices New Visions: Challenging Australian Identities and Legacies, Cambridge Scholars Press, 2012, pp. 187–202.
- Paul James and Anne McNevin, ‘Would-be citizens and strong states: circles of security and insecurity’, in Nicklaus Steiner, Robert Mason and Anna Hayes, eds, Migration and Insecurity: Citizenship and Social Inclusion in a Transnational Era, Routledge, Oxford, 2012, forthcoming.
- Paul James, Meg Holden, Mary Lewin, Lyndsay Neilson, Christine Oakley, Art Truter, and David Wilmoth, ‘Managing metropolises by negotiating mega-urban growth’, in Harald Mieg and Klaus Töpfer, eds, Institutional and Social Innovation for Sustainable Urban Development, Routledge, 2012.
- Paul James, ‘Arguing for deep diversity in a globalizing era’, in Manfred B. Steger, ed., Globalization and Culture, volume 1, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, 2012 (first published in International Journal of Diversity in Organizations, Communities and Nations, vol. 3, 2003, pp. 669–75).
- Elizabeth Kath and Nanko Van Buuren, ‘Soldados Nunca Mais: child soldiers, football and reconciliation in Rio de Janeiro’s favelas ‘, in Nico Shulencorf and Daryl Adair, eds, Global Sport-for-Development: Critical Perspectives, in press.
- Anne McNevin, ‘Undocumented citizens? Shifting grounds of citizenship in Los Angeles’, in Peter Nyers and Kim Rygiel, eds, Citizenship, Migrant Activism and the Politics of Movement, Routledge, New York and London, 2012, pp. 165–183.
- Martin Mulligan, 'From inter-ethnic conflict to plural democracy in Sri Lanka', in South Asian Security: 21st Century Discourses, Routledge, United Kingdom, 2012, pp. 99–120.
- Yaso Nadarajah, Martin Mulligan, J. Smith and Y. Zalchendler, ‘Community, scenarios and narratives of action: reflections on a case study in the Hamilton region of Victoria’, in J. Martin, ed., Climate Change Responses across Regional Australia, Australian Social Science Academy, Canberra, 2011.
- Stephen Alomes, ‘Book review of Arab France: Islam and the Making of Modern Europe, 1798-1831, by Ian Coller’, University of California Press, Berkeley, 2011, in Explorations, no 52, June 2012, pp. 70–71.
- Stephen Alomes, ‘Book review of L’Australie au-delà du rêve, by Georges-Goulven Le Cam’, Rennes, Presses Universitaires de Rennes, 2011, in Explorations, no. 52, June 2012, pp. 68–69.
- Shanthi Robertson, Book review essay, ‘Understanding state responses to forced migration’, International Studies Review, vol. 14, issue 1, pp. 142–145.
- Victoria Stead, ‘Book review: Light Intervention: Lessons from Bougainville, by Anthony J. Regan’, Anthropological Forum: A Journal of Social Anthropology and Comparative Sociology, vol. 22, no. 3, 2012, pp. 320–322.