Conference and seminar papers and presentations in the Centre for Global Research.
- Natsuko Akagawa, ‘The dynamics of ‘our’ heritage in the densely populated historic city: Macau’, International Conference on Citizens, Civil Society and the Cultural Politics of Heritage-Making in East and Southeast Asia, Taipei, December 2014.
- Natsuko Akagawa, ‘Embodied heritage: Intangible nonetheless’, Association of Critical Heritage Studies International Conference, Canberra, December 2014.
- Natsuko Akagawa, ‘Cultural diplomacy and heritage conservation’, Association of Critical Heritage Studies International Conference, Canberra, December 2014.
- Natsuko Akagawa, ‘Sensing intangible: Craft skills’, Grasping the Intangible at Heritage Places: National Scientific Committee on Intangible Cultural Heritage Inaugural Conference, Melbourne, October 2014.
- Desmond Cahill, ‘Graced by migration: The changing Australian multicultural church’, Pastoral Research Conference, Australian Catholic University, Melbourne, February 2014.
- Desmond Cahill, ‘Betrayal of trust: A 2013 parliamentary examination in the State of Victoria (Australia) of caste clericalism in the Catholic Church’s response to the clerical sexual abuse crisis’, International Institute for Sociology and the Law, Onati, Northern Spain, April 2014.
- Desmond Cahill, ‘Religion and multifaith diversity: Evolution in a globalizing world’, Seminar on Evolution in Science, Technology and Society, Sponsored by LaTrobe University and the Victorian Department of the Environment and Primary Industries, La Trobe University, Melbourne, September 2014.
- Sam Carroll-Bell and Rebecca Carroll-Bell, ‘Comparing the East Timorese practice of Nahe Biti with the LEADR Mediation Model’, Australian National Mediation Conference, Melbourne, July 2014.
- Ruchira Ganguly-Scrase, ‘Regional middle classes, youth, gender and mobility: A Case study of Darjeeling’, Locating Gender in the New Middle Class in South Asia, Jointly organized by the Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Women’s Studies and Development Centre, University of Delhi & International Institute for Asian Studies, University of Amsterdam, March 2014.
- Damian Grenfell, ‘Violence against women: Context and priorities in Timor-Leste’, Domestic Violence: Policy Making and Victim Support in Timor-Leste Workshop, RMIT University, Melbourne, April 2014.
- Damian Grenfell, ‘Power and the construction of analytical categories: Governance and cohabitation across Timor-Leste’, State Society and Governance in Melanesia Program Seminar Series, Australian National University, Canberra, August 2014.
- Paul James, ‘Reflections on precarity: Imagining different pathways to the future’, Precarious Times: New Imaginings for Sustainability Conference, University of Western Sydney, Parramatta, June 2014.
- Paul James, ‘Knowledge/Culture/Economy’, Knowledge, Culture, Economy Conference, Institute for Culture and Society, University of Western Sydney, Parramatta, November 2014.
- Li Lynne, ‘Policy-actor research in, on, and for language classrooms’, Global Studies and Knowledge Community Conference, Shanghai University, Shanghai, June 2014.
- Li Lynne, ‘Cultural learning styles and knowledge transmission for international learners of Chinese language in China’, The 6th CLS International Conference on Language, Culture and Knowledge, National University of Singapore, Singapore, December 2014.
- Caroline Norma, ‘History and debate surrounding the legalization of prostitution in Victoria, Australia,’ Global Seminar Series, Doshisha University, Kyoto, May 2014 (presented in Japanese).
- Kerry Mullan, ‘Further reflections on on’, Deixis workshop, RMIT University, February 2014.
- Kerry Mullan, ‘Et pis bon, ben alors voilà quoi! Teaching those pesky discourse markers’, Association of French Teachers in Victoria Conference 'Vivre le français au 21e siècle: transition, innovation, collaboration', University of Melbourne, July 2014.
- Kerry Mullan, Christine Béal and Véronique Traverso , ‘Mock impoliteness and humour during social visits in France and Australia’, AILA 17th World Congress of the International Association of Applied Linguistics, Brisbane, August 2014.
- Kerry Mullan and C Edwards, ‘Migration of young French professionals to Australia: the before and after’, The European Diaspora in Australia workshop, Swinburne University, September 2014.
- Peter Phipps, ‘Journeys within the journey: Evaluating festivals’, Spectres of Evaluation: Rethinking Art, Community, Value, Melbourne, February 2014.
- Larissa Sandy, ‘HIV, sex work and the human trafficking law’, AIDS 2014 Conference, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, July 2014.
- Manfred B Steger ‘Corporate power, neo-liberalism, and the future of the social sciences’, Chair and discussant, American Political Science Association, Washington DC, United States, August 2014.
Invited addresses and keynotes
Invited addresses and keynotes by academic research staff in the Centre for Global Research.Find out more Invited addresses and keynotes
Exhibitions and film
2014 exhibitions and film by academic research staff in the Centre for Global Research.Find out more Exhibitions and film