Refereed journal articles by academic research staff in the Centre for Global Research.
- Stephen Alomes, ‘Le mal Napoléonien and the global malaise: A festival of Jospin in Melbourne’, The French Australian Review, no. 57, 2014, pp. 96–107.
- Tommaso Durante, ‘Visual culture and globalization: The visual archive project of the global imaginary’, Global-e: A Global Studies Journal, vol. 8, no. 4, 2014.
- Jose Roberto Guevara ‘Education for resilience: Adult and community education response to a context of crises’, Lifelong Learning in Europe, February, no. 1, 2014.
- Georgina Heydon, ‘Forensic linguistics: Forms and processes’, Linguistik Indonesia, Masyarakat Linguistik Indonesia (The Linguistic Society of Indonesia), vol. 32, no. 1, 2014, pp. 1-10.
- Paul James, ‘Engaged cosmopolitanism: Reconciling local grounding and distance’, Arena Journal, no. 41/42, 2014, pp. 146–73.
- Paul James, ‘Faces of globalization and the borders of states: From asylum seekers to citizens’, Citizenship Studies, vol. 18, no. 2, 2014, pp. 208–23.
- Paul James, ‘Emotional ambivalence across times and spaces: Mapping Petrarch’s intersecting worlds’, Exemplaria, vol. 26, no. 1, 2014, pp. 81–104.
- Paul James and Manfred B Steger, ‘A genealogy of “Globalization”: The career of a concept’, Globalizations, vol. 11, no. 4, 2014, pp. 417–34.
- Jock McCulloch and Geoffrey Tweedale, ‘Anthony J. Lanza, Silicosis and the Gauley Bridge “Nine”’, Social History of Medicine, vol. 27, no. 1, 2014, pp. 86-103.
- Glenda Mejia, ‘A case study of anxiety in the Spanish classroom in Australia’, Journal of University Teaching and Learning Practice, vol. 11, no. 3, 2014, pp. 1-13.
- Glenda Mejia, ‘The impacts of power domains on irregular migrants as seen in La vida precoz y breve de Sabina Rivas’, Crossings: Journal of Migration and Culture, vol. 5, no. 2–3, 2014, pp. 245–56.
- Glenda Mejia and Nancy Agray-Vargas, ‘Intercultural communicative competence in SFL immersion courses, an experience with Australian students in Colombia (La competencia comunicativa intercultural en cursos de inmersión en ELE. Una experiencia con estudiantes australianos en Colombia)’, Signo y Pensamiento, vol. 33, no. 65, 2014, pp. 104–17.
- Caroline Norma, ‘Demand from abroad: Japanese involvement in the 1970s development of the Korean sex industry,’ Journal of Korean Studies, vol. 19, no. 2, 2014, pp. 399–428.
- Natalie Skinner and Reina Ichii, ‘Exploring a family, work, and community model of work-family gains and strains’, Community, Work and Family, vol. 18, no. 11, 2014, pp. 1–21.
- Diane de St-Léger and Kerry Mullan, ‘“A good all-round French workout” or “a massive stress”?: Perceptions of group work among tertiary learners of French’, System, vol. 44, June, 2014, pp. 115–26.
- Aiden Warren and Alexander Dirksen, ‘Augmenting state secrets: Obama’s information war’, Yale Journal of International Affairs, vol. ix, no. 1, 2014, pp. 68–84.
- Christopher Ziguras and Anh Thi Ngoc Pham, ‘Assessing participation in cross-border higher education in cities: Foreign education provision in Ho Chi Minh City’, Asia Pacific Viewpoint, vol. 55, no. 2, 2014, pp. 169–81.
- Christopher Ziguras and Cate Gribble ‘Policy responses to address student “brain drain”: An assessment of measures intended to reduce the emigration of Singaporean international students’, Journal of Studies in International Education, vol. 18, December, 2014, pp. 1-19.
Edited journals editions
- Paul James and Manfred B Steger, eds, ‘Globalization: The career of a concept’, Globalizations, vol. 11, no. 4, 2014.
- Julian CH Lee and Gaik Khoo Cheng, eds, ‘Malaysia’s new ethnoscapes and ways of belonging’, Citizenship Studies, vol. 18, no. 8, 2014.
Translated journal articles
- Nakasatomi Hiroshi, ‘After nuclear disaster: The decision-making of Fukushima University authorities, the threat to democratic governance and the efforts of a countermovement’, Translated by Caroline Norma, The Asia-Pacific Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, 2014.
- Morita Seiya, ‘On racial discrimination and gender discrimination in Japan: The gap separating the Zaitokukai march and the Aida Makoto exhibition’, Translated by Caroline Norma, The Asia- Pacific Journal, vol. 11, no. 3, 2014.